- Completion of a minimum of 33-semester units of approved graduate courses;
- Completion of at least 21 of these units in residence;
- Completion of all course works with a GPA of at least 3.0;
- Completion of a Culminating Project;
- Students must be fully classified prior to completing 12 units of graduate work (in order to be fully classified, students must have the following: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering or other technical fields, 3.0 GPA in their cumulative post-graduate coursework, and have completed either the GRE and/or UDWPE, or both, if required). Students who score a minimum of 3 on the Analytical Writing section of the GRE are exempt from the UDWPE.
Steps Required to Complete Your Degree
Conditionally Classified Graduate (GRAD) Status
In order to achieve fully classified graduate standing, students will need:
- A passing score on the Writing Proficiency Exam (UDWPE) or a minimum of 3 on the Analytical Writing section of the GRE;
- Approval of a program of study plan by an assigned faculty advisor.
- Approval by the department graduate coordinator/program academic lead.
It is important to achieve full Classified standing prior to completing 12 units of graduate work.
Classified Graduate Status
Students who meet all University and departmental requirements as outlined in the current catalog.
Graduation with Honors
Students who satisfy all program requirements and maintain a grade point average of 3.885 or higher on their coursework will receive their M.S. in Engineering Management degrees with distinction. The notation "with distinction" is posted on the transcript and will appear on the diploma.
Applying for the Degree
Students eligible to apply for graduation will receive an email from the Office of Graduate Studies with information regarding how to complete the online graduation application. To be eligible, students must be classified and completed 18 units OR be classified and be in progress of completing 18 units. This application will initiate a graduation evaluation—which advises students of existing requirements for their degree. Graduate students are required to be enrolled the semester in which their degree is to be awarded.
Graduation Application Deadlines
How to Apply for Graduation Online
CSUN’s Application for Graduation is now available online. To be eligible to apply, graduates will need to have completed/be in progress of completing 18 units. Students should apply one year in advance of their intended graduation date. Students that are eligible to apply will receive an email from Graduate Studies. A $47 fee is required.
Reinstatement to the Program
If a student withdraws from a cohort, s(he) may be admitted to another cohort at a later date. The reinstated student will be assessed the same tuition and nonrefundable fees as apply to all other students in the new cohort.
Note: All cohorts, once begun, will be taught out through to completion. However, there is no guarantee that new cohorts will follow in a specific area or within a specific amount of time.
Please carefully review the technical requirements for this program.
Please carefully review the full list of Program Policies, including Academic Honesty and Integrity Requirement, Time Limitations for Earning Degrees and Certificates, Temporary Disruption of Attendance, Withdrawal Policy and Refund Policy.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and read some of the linked documents on this page. Download a free copy of Adobe Reader.