- yr program
- Completion of a minimum of 42 semester units of approved graduate courses;
- Completion of all course work with a GPA of at least 3.0;
- Completion of a Graduate Culminating Project equivalent to 3 semester units;
- Students must be fully classified at the time of graduation (in order to be fully classified, students must have the following: Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, 3.0 GPA in their cumulative post-graduate course work, and have completed either the GRE or UDWPE, or both, if required). Students who score a minimum of 3 in the Analytical Writing section of the GRE are exempt from the UDWPE.
Steps Required to Complete Your Degree
Conditionally Classified Graduate (GRAD) Status
In order to achieve fully classified graduate standing, students will need:
- A passing score on the Writing Proficiency Exam;
- A GRE score in the 50th percentile or above on at least one of the three sections of the exam (verbal, quantitative or analytical). This requirement is waived for students with a GPA of 3.0 or better for their undergraduate studies or for students who currently hold a master's degree from an accredited university. GRE scores in excess of 5 years at the time of classification will not be accepted.
It is important to achieve full Classified standing prior to completing 12 units of graduate work.
Classified Graduate Status
Students who meet all University and departmental requirements as outlined in the current catalog.
Graduation with Honors
Students who satisfy all program requirements and maintain a grade point average of 3.885 or higher on their coursework will receive their MPH degrees with distinction. The notation "with distinction" is posted on the transcript and will appear on the diploma.
Applying for the Degree
Students eligible to apply for graduation will receive an email from the Office of Graduate Studies with information regarding how to complete the online graduation application. To be eligible, students must be classified and completed 18 units OR be classified and be in progress of completing 18 units. This application will initiate a graduation evaluation—which advises students of existing requirements for their degree. Graduate students are required to be enrolled the semester in which their degree is to be awarded.
Graduation Application Deadlines
How to Apply for Graduation Online
CSUN’s Application for Graduation is now available online. To be eligible to apply, graduates will need to have completed/be in progress of completing 18 units. Students should apply one year in advance of their intended graduation date. Students that are eligible to apply will receive an email from Graduate Studies. A $47 fee is required.
Online Graduation How to Guide (.pdf)
How to Get Your Graduate Diploma
Graduating from college is an important milestone in your life. It’s imperative that you take the necessary steps to ensure that you receive your graduate diploma. Please read here to ensure receipt of diploma!
Reinstatement to the Program
If a student withdraws from a cohort, s(he) may be admitted to another cohort at a later date. The reinstated student will be assessed the same tuition and nonrefundable fees as apply to all other students in the new cohort.
Note: All cohorts, once begun, will be taught out through to completion. However, there is no guarantee that new cohorts will follow in a specific area or within a specific amount of time.
Please carefully review the technical requirements for this program.
Please carefully review the full list of Program Policies, including Academic Honesty and Integrity Requirement, Time Limitations for Earning Degrees and Certificates, Temporary Disruption of Attendance, Withdrawal Policy and Refund Policy.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and read some of the linked documents on this page. Download a free copy of Adobe Reader.