To best facilitate a timely and successful application process, we encourage you to finish your application before the deadline.
STEP 1: Submit Online Application
To start your application, please click on the Online application link below, and then register as a new user or log in with an existing username and password. Helpful tips before completing the application.
Link to: Online Application (CLOSED)
After you register, please complete the online application, which includes the following steps:
- Upload Your Documents - during the application, you will be asked to submit a statement of purpose and unofficial copies of your transcripts.
- Provide Recommender Contact Information - you will be asked to provide the name and email of three recommenders who will be sent electronic recommendation requests by email once you complete and submit this online application.
- Recommendations should come from either academic or professional sources, not personal references.
- You will be asked to indicate whether you waive your right to view and access these recommendations per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. Your choice will be disclosed to your recommenders in the recommendation request.
- Your electronic recommendation requests will not be sent until you submit your application and pay the application fee, so applicants are advised to submit their online applications early to give their recommenders ample time to complete and submit those recommendations by the deadline.
- Provide Prospective Supervisor and Fieldwork Site Contact Information - in addition to recommendations, you will also need to secure an SLPA supervisor and fieldwork site for the 100 hours of clinical fieldwork before starting the program. During the application, you will be asked to provide the contact information of a SLPA supervisor, and the contact information of a person authorized to verify/sign the Clinical Practicum Agreement with CSUN.
- Prospective Supervisor - Your proposed supervisor will be sent an electronic form through email that they must complete to assist University staff in the fieldwork placement process.
- Please use the Supervision Requirements for Clinical Fieldwork Experience document to help facilitate the discussion with your supervisor. For more information on securing your practicum site and supervisor, contact Sherry Foldvary at email@example.com.
- Your proposed supervisor should be a California licensed and ASHA certified speech language pathologist.
- Fieldwork Site Contact/Clinical Practicum Agreement – please note that the person authorized to sign the Clinical Practicum Agreement with CSUN can be any of the following:
- Private Practice - owner(s) of the private practice
- Public Schools – human resource representative, school board president, etc.
- Your supervising SLP is not authorized to sign the Clinical Practicum Agreement unless, he or she is the owner of the fieldwork experience site. Please check with your supervisor/fieldwork experience site to determine the appropriate individual.
- Application fee - $70 non-refundable payment by credit card
STEP 2a: Submit Official Transcripts
After completing your online application, please submit official academic records/transcripts:
- Transcripts are required from ALL institutions that you have attended, not only those from which you earned a degree:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended, even if the course work was not completed.
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (these are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts).
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted.
- Previous CSUN students do not need to request CSUN transcripts, and should only submit transcripts for additional course work completed after leaving CSUN.
- Be sure to notify us of any prior names under which you may possess a transcript.
Send directly from your school/electronic service/approved vendor to firstname.lastname@example.org OR by selecting CSUN, if the option is available.*
If you attended a California community college, your institution might be able to send e-transcripts on your behalf, free of charge. Please visit the eTranscript California page to determine your eligibility.
*electronic transcripts received directly from the student are considered unofficial
If electronic transcripts are not an option, then paper transcripts must be received in the unopened envelopes, sealed by the institution(s) of study. Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us at the address below:
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California 91330-8343
- Please do not send identical, duplicate paper and electronic transcripts.
STEP 2b: For Non-U.S. Degree and International Students Only
When submitting transcripts, please include two official copies: one in the original language and one in an official English translation.*
In addition to the above requirements, applicants with a degree from outside the United States must also submit the following:
Note: Degrees from outside the United States must be equivalent to a U.S. 4-year degree.
*Translations must be completed by a member of the American Translators Association; a certified court interpreter or translator; or a staff member of a foreign consulate.
STEP 3: Activate Your Account
After submitting your application, you will receive an email within 2-3 business days containing your username, CSUN email address, and student ID.* Please follow the email’s instructions to activate your CSUN email account and gain access to the myNorthridge Portal.
Note: If you are a returning student or reapplying, please use your existing CSUN username and password.
CSUN alumni: please note that by default all communications will be sent to your existing CSUN email (which you may or may not have used since you graduated). Information on how to access/reset that email can be found here: https://www.csun.edu/it/accounts-passwords
*If you do not receive an activation email from the Tseng College, please contact email@example.com.
STEP 4: Check Your CSUN Email and myNorthridge Portal
Please regularly check your CSUN email for updates. The university uses this email for all communications, including notification of whether you are accepted into the program.
To reiterate: Updates on your application status will only be sent to your CSUN email account.
Along with your CSUN email, you should regularly use the myNorthridge Portal to access important information and complete necessary tasks. The portal is where you can find your student schedule and access or update your personal and academic records.