Admission Requirements

Qualified SLPA Fieldwork Experience certificate applicants must:

  • Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Communication Disorders and Sciences or Speech-Language Pathology.
  • Locate and submit for approval the name of a California licensed and ASHA certified speech language pathologist who will serve as the student's supervisor, and provide information about the site where the supervised clinical fieldwork hours will take place.
    • Please see the program’s Practicum page, and the “Supervision Requirements for Clinical Fieldwork Experience” document for more details.
    • Please carefully review the list below of sites that will not accept calls from students looking for a placement.  Please do not contact these sites:
      • Capistrano Unified School District
      • Long Beach School District
      • Los Angeles Unified School District
      • Torrance Unified School District
  • Complete and submit a program application by the application deadline date.

Financial Aid

Financial aid is not available for this program.