Semester at CSUN (SAC) is a university study-abroad program that enables international students who meet CSUN’s English-language requirement to enroll in regular undergraduate university credit or noncredit classes.
Students choose to study in SAC in order to
- complete coursework for which they can transfer credit to their home university,
- learn subject matter not available to them in their home country,
- gain new perspectives on subjects,
- experience campus life at an American university, and
- experience the Southern California lifestyle.
SAC allows you to choose from the many courses offered by the university each semester and enroll on a space-available basis by meeting the course prerequisites and obtaining instructor approval. With some restrictions, the credits earned may be applied toward a degree at CSUN or another university or college, shortening the time needed to complete your degree.
As a SAC participant, you will enjoy access to the full range of support services offered by the IPP office. Academic advisement and assistance in choosing the appropriate course is provided, and you may use campus facilities, including the Oviatt Library, campus computer centers, and the Student Health Center.