In order for us to process your application and issue you a Form I-20, you must satisfy ALL of the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Have completed high school.
- Be an undergraduate level student in their home country (graduate students are accepted to the SAC program on a case-by-case basis).
- Have an undergraduate level minimum grade point average of 2.0, based on a 4.0 grading system, from an accredited institution. (Graduate level student must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5, based on a 4.0 grading system, from an accredited institution).
- Meet the CSUN English-Language Proficiency Requirements (see section below for list of tests and minimum scores).
- If you are a current IEP student, you must pass the IELTS, TOEFL, or obtain a TOEFL waiver prior to your study in SAC the upcoming semester. A SAC application will need to be submitted. Evaluation will be based on SAC program requirements.
- Have paid the Program Application Fee upon submitting your online application. This fee is non-refundable.
- Have submitted all required documents at the time of your online application.
- Program Tuition must be received in FULL and successfully posted on your Students Account before we can issue a Form I-20.
- The SAC program does not guarantee admission to California State University, Northridge (CSUN).
- Course selection is subject to availability and the relevant academic department's approval.
- SAC is for visiting international students who wish to take credit classes offered by CSUN.
- The maximum amount of time allowed in the SAC program is two (2) terms (semesters or sessions).
- SAC program students must be enrolled full-time.
Application and Items to Submit
- Submit an online Semester at CSUN (SAC) program application by selecting the appropriate semester, creating a user account, and completing all appropriate sections of the application prior to submitting. If you have any questions/concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
- Program Application Fee is paid at the time of the online application by credit card only (MasterCard or VISA). This fee is non-refundable.
Provide HOME COUNTRY ADDRESS on the application. This is a SEVIS requirement.
NOTE: SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information database, used nationwide, that the U.S. government uses to maintain accurate and current information on non-immigrant students, as well as generates a Form I-20 or DS-Form DS-2019 required to present at a visa interview.
- Upload and attach the following documents at the time of the online application:
- Copy of Passport (include photo page). This must be submitted at the time of the online application.
- Copy of the Evidence of Financial Support. This is a current official bank statement or bank letter that verifies a minimum balance of US $16,000 (for Fall and Spring) or $7,500 (for Summer).
- Copy of a passing English-Language Proficiency score.
- Copy of OFFICIAL transcripts from High School issued in original language.
- Copy of OFFICIAL transcripts from High School translated in English.
- Copy of OFFICIAL certificate/diploma of High School graduation issued in original language.
- Copy of OFFICIAL certificate/diploma of High School graduation translated in English.
- Copy of OFFICIAL transcripts from College/University issued in original language.
- Copy of OFFICIAL transcripts from College/University translated in English.
- Copy of OFFICIAL certificate/diploma of College/University graduation issued in original language.
- Copy of OFFICIAL certificate/diploma of College/University graduation translated in English.
IMPORTANT: If your transcript does not include the current courses you are taking at your school, then you must provide a school issued document listing your current courses “In Progress” of completing, since the course(s) and/or grade(s) are not on the transcript.
- In addition to the above requirements, for program purposes, upload and attach the following document at the time of the online application or email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Preferred Course Request Schedule typed on a Word document. A guide is available to download on the attachments page of the online application.
NOTE: Preferred course schedules must be listed on the application for the given term (Fall or Spring). It is important that we receive this information as soon as possible. The preferred course schedule submitted should be final as the SAC Program Manager will work with departments for approvals.
- Academic Goals Statement written on a word document and uploaded and attached to the online application.
The following are acceptable CSUN English-Language Proficiency Exams and minimum scores:
International English Language Test System
|6.0 or higher
||6.5 or higher
Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Internet-Based Test (IBT)
- Paper-Based Test (PBT)
Pearson Test of English Academic
International Test of English Proficiency
|Pre-1 (2304 min)
||1 (2630 min)
For other tests accepted by CSUN, see the International Admissions website.
Exceptions for English-Language Proficiency
CSUN does not require proof of English-Language Proficiency if the student earned a degree outside the U.S., where English is the principal language of instruction.
CSUN interprets "where English is the principal language of instruction" to mean that a school is located in a country where English is the daily medium of communication for the majority of residents, and that students receive academic instruction in English at all levels of education.
Countries currently meeting the above requirement are: Australia, Belize, Canada, England, Ireland, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, plus a few nations in the Commonwealth Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, and Trinidad and Tobago).
Please carefully review the full list of International Programs and Partnerships Program Policies.