Applicant MUST have ALL of the following satisfied before the application will be processed and a Form I-20 will be issued for the Intensive English Program (IEP):
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Have completed high school.
- Program Application Fee must be paid when submitting the online application. This fee is non-refundable.
- All required documents are submitted at the time of the online application.
- Program Tuition must be received in FULL and successfully posted on the student’s account before a Form I-20 will be issued.
Application and Items to Submit
- Submit an online Intensive English Program (IEP) Application by selecting the appropriate semester, creating a user account, and completing all appropriate sections of the application prior to submitting. If you have any questions/concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program Application Fee is paid at the time of the online application by credit card only (MasterCard or VISA). This fee is non-refundable.
- Provide HOME COUNTRY ADDRESS on the application. This is a SEVIS requirement.
NOTE: SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information database, used nationwide, that the U.S. government uses to maintain accurate and current information on non-immigrant students, as well as generates a Form I-20 or DS-Form DS-2019 required to present at a visa interview.
- Upload and attach the following REQUIRED documents at the time of the online application:
- Copy of the Evidence of Financial Support. This is a current official bank statement or bank letter that verifies a minimum balance of US $25,000.
- Copy of Passport (include photo page).
Complete the following to receive an acceptance packet, which includes a Form I-20:
- Set up your access to myNorthridge Portal. Watch for the “Activate Your CSUN Account” email from CSUN Tseng College Admissions, Registration and Client Services (ARC) Office sent to the address you provided on your program application. You should receive the email 1 or 2 days after you apply. Email contains the following information to help you setup a CSUN account:
- Make an online Program Tuition payment. To make an online payment, log on to myNorthridge Portal, using personal CSUN username and password, then:
- Select the Home tab
- Locate the Quick Links and select Pay Account Balance
- Select EXL Credit Card Payment* (Must disable the popup blocker to navigate to the new online tab/window. Contact email@example.com for assistance)
- New TAB will open to make a payment through the CashNet database. Online payment is accepted in the following methods:
- Credit Card - Visa or MasterCard only
- Electronic Check - Account and routing number are required
- International Wire Transfer - Must select currency and country. Print payment instructions. Complete payment at a local bank or with online banking using the printed instructions. For more information on International Wire Transfer, please see our guide.
IMPORTANT: Program tuition must be received in full and successfully posted on the student’s account before a Form I-20 will be issued.
- Access CSUN Gmail or forward to personal email. All official university communication is sent to the CSUN Gmail email account. It is the student’s responsibility to monitor the Gmail account. For help, access and manage CSUN email.
- A Form I-20 will be needed to apply for an F-1 student visa at the U.S. embassy or consulate in the student's country of origin. A Form I-20 is a government approved document issued by the Tseng College. To receive a Form I-20, student must apply and be admitted to the program. For additional steps regarding immigration and how to apply for a visa, please see Visas: How to Apply and Maintain F-1 Visa Status.
Upon Arrival to the US
- Check-in IN PERSON with the Admissions, Registration and Client Services (ARC) Office and be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Check-In Form (requires U.S. residential address and a U.S. Emergency Contact)
- Port of Entry Stamp (placed inside the passport when entering the U.S.)
- Copy of Visa (include photo page)
NOTE: FAILURE TO COMPLETE SEVIS CHECK-IN MAY AFFECT ELIGIBILITY TO REMAIN IN STATUS. Submit the above documents as a whole to expedite the SEVIS registration process. SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information database, used nationwide, that the U.S. government uses to maintain accurate and current information on non-immigrant students, as well as generates a Form I-20 or DS-Form DS-2019 required to present at a visa interview.
- Attend MANDATORY orientation. Refer to program admit letter for date, time, and location. If the location on the letter says “To Be Advised,” email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Email a copy of Proof of Health Insurance to email@example.com. Include first name, last name, and CSUN ID number in the subject line of the email. For more information, please see Health and Accident Insurance Requirements. Health insurance is a CSU requirement.
- Attend class! To maintain visa and Form I-20, the U.S. government REQUIRES all international students be enrolled in FULL-TIME studies. For IEP students, full-time enrollment is a minimum of 20 units. Failure to attend classes while in the U.S. violates the student visa terms.
Please carefully review the full list of International Programs and Partnerships Program Policies.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and read some of the linked documents on this page. Download a free copy of Adobe Reader.