To earn a CSUN Advanced Professional Development certificate, students must complete all Program Requirements. All Advanced Professional Development certificates will be sent to students after completion of the program.
- Earn 75% on the final exam in XRAD 901 to earn 39 Category A ECE credit from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
- Complete the prescribed coursework with a “C” grade or better.
- Enrollment to the XRTP 904 (CT clinical internship) require a passing grade from XRAD 901, XRAD 902 and XRAD 903 within the last 12 months.
- Enrollment to the XRTP 906 (MRI clinical internship) require a passing grade from XRAD 901, XRAD 902 and XRAD 905 within the last 12 months.
- To be considered for clinical placement, all students will be required to meet all criteria specified by the affiliate medical centers.
Previous clinical experience must be approved by the CSUN faculty. Please contact Tseng College to submit the approved ARRT clinical experience form for review. If your clinical is not approved the following policies refer to clinical placements at CSUN affiliates.
To be considered for clinical placement, all students will be required to meet all criteria specified by the affiliate medical centers. These criteria will include but may not be limited to:
- random drug screening
- submission of a passing physical examination immediately upon acceptance
- documentation of immunization records including, but not limited to: 2-step TB, Hepatitis B, Varicella, MMR, and Tetanus immediately upon acceptance
- CPR certification through American Heart Association for the Health Care Provider
- Proof of liability insurance: CSUN will provide information regarding this
- Proof of health insurance with urgent care/emergency coverage.
- All of these verifications and certificates will be the financial responsibility of the student.
For students in the southern California area who will be taking advantage of clinical placement through CSUN affiliate clinical sites:
- There is no guarantee of evening or weekend shifts. Clinical will be given on a first come first serve basis.
- Students must meet the clinical coordinators once on the CSUN campus to review any paperwork or additional site requirements and take pictures.
- Screening interviews will be conducted for all students placed at CSUN's clinical sites. Admission into clinical will be at the discretion of the clinical site.
- All parking costs at clinical sites are at the expense of the student.
Approval of a clinical site placement outside of the CSUN network requires that the student and site sign a memorandum of understanding and submit to the CSUN oversight and documentation. Locating and gaining approval of a clinical site outside of the CSUN network is part of the application process and the student's responsibility.
For all questions regarding the clinical experience and placements, please contact Lisa Naugle at Lisa.Naugle@csun.edu or Doris Abrishami at Doris.Abrishami@csun.edu.
Clinical-Experience Exemption option is available for those who can provide documentation of completion of the required clinical-experience. If such proof is provided by the student, this student will be exempt from taking CT Clinical Education (XRAD 904) and MRI Clinical Education (XRAD 906). This option enables those with clinical experience to obtain the coursework necessary to prepare for the ARRT's CT and/or MRI credentialing examinations.
Please carefully review the technical requirements for this program.
Please carefully review the full list of Program Policies, including Academic Honesty and Integrity Requirement, Time Limitations for Earning Degrees and Certificates, Temporary Disruption of Attendance, Withdrawal Policy and Refund Policy.
Financial aid is not available for this program.