Application Deadlines for Fall 2023
|priority deadline||final deadline||online application|
|March 21, 2023||May 30, 2023||OPEN|
To best facilitate a timely and successful application process, we encourage you to finish your application before the priority deadline.
If you experience any technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a staff member will assist you (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
STEP 1: Submit Online Application
To start your application, please click on the Online application link below, and then register as a new user or log in with an existing username and password. Helpful tips before completing the application.
Link to: Online application
After you register, please complete the online application, which includes the following steps:
- Professional Statement - during the application, you will be asked to explain how you see yourself fitting into the role of radiologic technologist in CT and/or MRI
- Format: Your response should be in paragraph format and must be no less than 150 words and not exceed 350 words. It can be pasted into the the application on page 6.
- Provide Proof of National Certificate - during the application, you will be asked to submit proof that you possess at least one of the following:
- a national certificate number from the AART in radiography or nuclear medicine
- a national Certificate in Nuclear Medicine from NMTCB number
- Unofficial Transcripts - during the application, you may be asked to upload copies of your transcripts showing either current enrollment (course in-progress) in a College Algebra course, or successful completion of such a course within the last 5 years.
- All applicants understand that they must submit proof of successful completion of College Algebra by providing official college transcript(s) before being formally admitted into the Radiologic Technology program.
- To help you prepare your documents, please follow the instructions detailed on the “Document Guidelines”.
- Provide Reference Contact Information - you will be asked to provide the name and contact information (phone number and email) of three people who can recommend you to the program. They may be contacted by the academic committee to verify you professional or academic qualifications.
- Letters of recommendation are not required for admission to this program.
- Provide Recent Relevant Employment Experience - you will be asked to provide the name, nature of the work, and the dates of your three most recent and relevant employers or volunteer experiences
- You will not include summer and part-time work not relevant to your career or academic goal.
- Application fee - $70 non-refundable payment by credit card
STEP 2a: Submit Official Documents
After completing your online application, please submit official academic records/transcripts:
- Transcripts are required from ALL institutions that you have attended, not only those from which you earned a degree:
- All courses taken at other colleges and universities previously attended, even if the course work was not completed.
- All college courses in which you are currently enrolled (these are your preliminary, work-in-progress transcripts).
- Your final transcripts for work-in-progress as soon as you complete the courses and grades are posted.
- Previous CSUN students do not need to request CSUN transcripts, and should only submit transcripts for additional course work completed after leaving CSUN.
- Be sure to notify us of any prior names under which you may possess a transcript.
Send directly from your school/electronic service/approved vendor to email@example.com OR by selecting CSUN, if the option is available.*
If you attended a California community college, your institution might be able to send e-transcripts on your behalf, free of charge. Please visit the eTranscript California page to determine your eligibility.
*electronic transcripts received directly from the student are considered unofficial
If electronic transcripts are not an option, then paper transcripts must be received in the unopened envelopes, sealed by the institution(s) of study. Ask your previous schools to send your official transcripts directly to us at the address below:Tseng College
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, California 91330-8343
- Please do not send identical, duplicate paper and electronic transcripts.
STEP 2b: For Non-U.S. Degree and International Students Only
When submitting transcripts, please include two official copies: one in the original language and one in an official English translation.*
In addition to the above requirements, applicants with a degree from outside the United States must also submit the following:
- Official or certified copy of TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic scores – Scores can either be sent electronically to CSUN’s school code (4707) or mailed to the address below:Tseng College
ATTN: Rad Tech Program
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8352
Note: Degrees from outside the United States must be equivalent to a U.S. 4-year degree.
*Translations must be completed by a member of the American Translators Association; a certified court interpreter or translator; or a staff member of a foreign consulate.
STEP 3: Activate Your Account
After submitting your application, you will receive an email within 2-3 business days containing your username, CSUN email address, and student ID.* Please follow the email’s instructions to activate your CSUN email account and gain access to the myNorthridge Portal.
Note: If you are a returning student or reapplying, please use your existing CSUN username and password.
CSUN alumni: please note that by default all communications will be sent to your existing CSUN email (which you may or may not have used since you graduated). Information on how to access/reset that email can be found here: https://www.csun.edu/it/accounts-passwords
*If you do not receive an activation email from the Tseng College, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 4: Check Your CSUN Email and myNorthridge Portal
Please regularly check your CSUN email for updates. The university uses this email for all communications, including notification of whether you are accepted into the program.
To reiterate: Updates on your application status will only be sent to your CSUN email account.
Along with your CSUN email, you should regularly use the myNorthridge Portal to access important information and complete necessary tasks. The portal is where you can find your student schedule and access or update your personal and academic records.
STEP 5: Background Check
After you receive approval to enter the program, you must submit a background check through CastleBranch.com. All fees associated with this background check are at your expense. For more information, please see the Student Instructions for the Tseng College at CSUN.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL APPLICANTS: Please be advised that all communications with University employees, including emails and phone conversations, are considered in admissions decisions. State Consumer Protection Information can be found here.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their application, including all required documents, is complete and has been received in good working order before the application deadline. Please contact us with any questions.
- Admission does not guarantee cohort launch.
- Admission into programs leading to licensure and credentialing does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or credential. Licensure and credentialing requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the CSU and requirements can change at any time. For example, licensure or credentialing requirements can include evidence of the right to work in the United States (e.g., social security number or tax payer identification number) or successfully passing a criminal background check. Students are responsible for determining whether they can meet licensure or credentialing requirements. The CSU will not refund tuition, fees, or any associated costs, to students who determine subsequent to admission that they cannot meet licensure or credentialing requirements. Information concerning licensure and credentialing requirements are available from www.arrt.org (The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists).
- Out-of-state applicants that will remain out of state during their program of study should check State Authorizations information relative to their state before applying: https://tsengcollege.csun.edu/disclosures
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and read some of the linked documents on this page. Download a free copy of Adobe Reader.
Financial aid is not available for this program.