A prerequisite is a course or condition that must be completed/met prior to enrollment in another specified course.
- For former CSUN students, SOLAR determines if the student meets the prerequisite requirements.
- Visiting students are required to obtain a permission number to register for classes, regardless of whether there is a prerequisite.
All Open University students are required to obtain and use a permission number to enroll themselves in any course. To receive a permission number, Open University students should review the class notes of the course for any department specific process
and then complete this Open University Course Request Submission Form. For more information, see
Prerequisites. Open university students may attend the first class meeting of the course they wish to add to revisit their request for a permission number from the instructor.
Online course pages will be available via Canvas on the Public Course Index.
Details regarding Open University registration period, add/drop classes, grades, refunds and late enrollment can be found below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and read some of the linked documents on this page. Download a free
copy of Adobe Reader.
- After Open University registration ends, "swapping” will no longer be accepted.
- Although dropping a course protects your academic record, there is no refund available after Friday, September 17, 2021. See
Refunds for more information.
- For the “W” grade definition, see Administrative Grading Symbols.
Open University Add/Drop Chart and Refund Schedule