- yr program
To be admitted to the program, applicants must possess (at the time of enrollment):
- Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Cumulative GPA:
- 3.0 with no additional needs, or
- 2.76-2.99 plus 5 years of relevant/applicable experience, or
- 2.50-2.75 plus 10 years of relevant/applicable experience
English Proficiency Requirements
For Non-U.S. Degree and International Students Only
Exception: If a graduate applicant has earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S., the TOEFL or other English language proficiency exam is not required.
The English language tests and minimum scores listed in the table below are accepted by CSUN for graduate applicants for Master of Arts in Music Industry Administration.
|Test Name and Website||Minimum Score Required for Graduate Students||Send Score Directly To CSUN|
|Cambridge C1 Advanced English (formerly CAE)||185||Email “Confirmation of Entry” page to email@example.com.|
|DET – Duolingo English Test||115||Online through your Duolingo Account. See Sending Your Results.|
|EIKEN CSE – Common Scale for English||2630 (1)||Contact EIKEN online; they will send the score directly to us.|
|GTEC CBT – Global Test of English
Communication Computer-Based Test
|1275||Have GTEC send a copy of your "Official Score Certificate" to CSUN.|
|IELTS - International English Language Test System||7.0
||Have IELTS send a copy of your "Test Report Form" to CSUN.|
|iTEP Academic - International Test of English Proficiency||4.5||Have iTEP send your score to CSUN.|
|PTE Academic - Pearson’s Test of English||64||Online through your PTE Academic Account|
|TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language||— Internet Based score: 85 We do not accept TOEFL ITP.||Use CSUN School Code 4707.|
If a graduate applicant has earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a college or university outside the U.S. where English is the principal language of instruction, the TOEFL or other English language proficiency exam is not required. Please note:
- CSUN interprets "where English is the principal language of instruction" to mean that a school is located in a country where English is the daily medium of communication for the majority of residents, and that students receive academic instruction in English at all levels of education.
- Countries currently meeting the above requirement are: Australia, Belize, Canada, England, Ireland, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, plus a few nations in the Commonwealth Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, and Trinidad and Tobago).
The M.A. in Music Industry Administration program regularly receives more applications than spaces available. As such submitting an application does not guarantee admittance to the program and any application fee will not be refunded, even if the candidate is not selected. Admission decisions are based on a number of factors, including: academic performance in the student’s undergraduate degree program (weighed against all applicants in that cycle), the strength of the application itself, as well as any accompanying essays/similar work experience to the field of music industry. Not all applicants will be granted admissions interviews, but those that are will also be evaluated on the strength of such an interview.
Admission to the University
Students must submit an online application to the program and be admitted prior to taking the first class in the program. Students are required to provide official transcripts from the required institutions of higher education.
Before submitting your application, please ensure you meet all University admission requirements, including a minimum GPA of 2.5.