CSUN welcomes students from all over the world to enroll in Winter Term and experience a vibrant, diverse American university. For international students in the Los Angeles area, enrollment in Winter Term classes allows access to university facilities, student services and campus activities. For international students who want to attend class via the internet, a variety of online courses are available.
Winter Term is open to visiting students from other colleges and universities, qualified high school seniors, working professionals and the general public, as long as course prerequisites are met.
International visiting students are not required to formally apply to CSUN in order to enroll in Winter Term.
CSUN does not provide student visas for international students who enroll in Winter Term. International students are not required to transfer their SEVIS records to CSUN for Winter Term.
|Monday, October 3, 2022
||Registration opens to all
|Fully Online Courses
|Monday, December 26, 2022
|Monday, January 2, 2023
||Registration ends at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
If you are new to CSUN, your first step is to create a student account in order to access the CSUN computer system and enroll online. All enrollment and payment transactions can be completed online. See How to Enroll.
To search for classes, click on the Winter navigation link on top.
Fully online courses have no campus meetings. CSUN offers three types of online courses:
- In a "Fully Online Asynchronous" course (FOA), all class sessions and exams are presented in an online environment. The course may be anytime access with no arranged online meetings. Please consult with instructor for details.
- In a "Fully Online Synchronous" course (FOS), students attend class sessions in an online environment. The class typically meets virtually at a designated time. Please consult with instructor for details.
- In a "Fully Online Intermittent" course (FOI), class sessions are presented in an online environment. Online meetings may be a mix of scheduled and/or intermittent meeting times and anytime access. Please consult with instructor for details.
Some online courses are synchronous: students are expected to meet online at a specified time to participate in course discussions and/or complete assignments. The day of the week and time are listed in the Class Search in Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Maximum Unit Load: 4 units. The 4 unit restriction is applied to the term as a whole. Students in good standing may request additional units, up to a maximum of 6 units, by completing the Extra Unit Authorization form.
- Classes with prerequisites or other restrictions may require you to have a Permission Number in order to enroll. For instructions on obtaining a Permission Number, see Prerequisites.