Winter Term at CSUN is open to students from other colleges and universities, qualified high school seniors, working professionals, and community members, as long as course prerequisites are met. Winter Term is a great way to catch up or get ahead on earning your degree, or to further your professional or personal enrichment.
To qualify as a U.S. visiting student for winter enrollment purposes, you must be:
- a U.S. citizen or permanent resident; and,
- not currently enrolled in a CSUN degree, credit certificate, or credential program.
|Monday, October 10, 2023
||Registration opens to all at 6 a.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
|Fully Online Courses
|Tuesday, December 26, 2023
|Tuesday, January 2, 2024
||Registration ends at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time)
If you are new to CSUN, your first step is to create a student account in order to access the CSUN computer system and enroll online. See How to Enroll.
How to Establish Yourself in the System
- Go to the CSUN Non-degree Student Page.
- Click "Get Your CSUN ID" to expand the menu and click the link for the student application.
- On the "Create User Profile" screen, create a password, then select one of the following under "Program to Enroll":
- College of Extended Learning, Graduate Credit
- College of Extended Learning, Undergraduate Credit
- College of Extended Learning - Non Credit and CEUs (continuing education units).
- Select the appropriate term/session. Click "Submit".
To search for classes, click on the Winter navigation link on top.
Classes with prerequisites or other restrictions may require you to have a Permission Number in order to enroll. For instructions on obtaining a Permission Number, see Prerequisites.
Maximum Unit Load: 4 units. The 4 unit restriction is applied to the term as a whole. Students in good standing may request additional units, up to a maximum of 6 units, by completing the Extra Unit Authorization form.
U.S. Military Veterans or Service Members
If you are a U.S. Military Veteran or a Service Member, please contact the CSUN Veterans Affairs Office at (818) 677-5928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To qualify as a matriculated CSUN student for winter enrollment purposes, you must be formally admitted to and enrolled in a CSUN degree, credit certificate, or credential program. See more ... Read more about CSUN Students
CSUN welcomes students from all over the world to enroll in Winter Term and experience a vibrant, diverse American university. For international students in the Los Angeles area, enrollment in ... Read more about International Students
A prerequisite is a course or condition that must be completed/met prior to enrollment in another specified course.
For matriculated CSUN students, SOLAR determines if the student meets the prerequisite requirements.
For ... Read more about Prerequisites