Dropping a Class
Whenever a student drops a class, the refund schedule applies.
The following does not constitute an official drop, nor do such actions diminish your financial obligation to CSUN for the Open University Program:
- Stopping payment
- Not attending class
- Merely notifying the instructor
Once registration has been processed for Open University, full refunds will not be available.
- 65% of the fees collected will not be refunded until the end of the third week of the semester.
- No refunds will be given after the third week.
- If a refund is due, resulting as a credit on your CSUN account, you will automatically receive a refund.
- For credit card transactions, a credit will appear on your credit card account. Payments made by check, electronic check, money order or cash will be refunded in the form of a check.
- Refunds are not based on the date a student stops attending class. Refunds are calculated based on the date that the student drops a class online or drops a class by submitting the completed Late Change in Academic Schedule form to the appropriate office.
Open University Add/Drop Chart and Refund Schedule
||ADD A CLASS
||DROP A CLASS*
||CHANGE BASIS OF GRADING
January 27 - February 7, 2020
|Add online with permission number from instructor
(January 27 – February 7)
|Students withdrawing after the 4th Week (February 14, 2020) will receive a letter grade of "W". For more information, see Withdrawal Policies.
|After February 7, 2020
||In order to add, drop* or change the basis of a grade, students must get approval using the forms below.
A $25 late fee will apply.
Undergraduate Student only:
Graduate Students only:
Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing. Refunds for credit card payments will be credited back to the original card number. Refund checks for payments not made by credit card are mailed to the student's address listed in the SOLAR Student Center.
CSUN welcomes students from all over the world to enroll in Open University and experience a vibrant, diverse American university. For international students in the Los Angeles area, enrollment in ... Read more about International Students
A prerequisite is a course or condition that must be completed/met prior to enrollment in another specified course.
For former CSUN students, SOLAR determines if the student meets the prerequisite requirements.
For ... Read more about Prerequisites
Details regarding Open University registration period, add/drop classes, grades, refunds and late enrollment can be found below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and read some of the linked ... Read more about Late Registration
In order to withdraw from a course after the appropriate date listed in the Registration Timeline the formal withdrawal process is required, as well as meeting other CSUN policies, to ... Read more about Withdrawals