Job Outlook: Public Sector and Social Services
When choosing a program, it’s important to know the outcomes of previous students. Whether they went on to successful careers or what jobs they began after graduation – this data can help you plan your future and decide which program is right for you.
CSUN ranks 3rd as a talent provider for occupations like Social and Community Service Managers, Chief Executives, General and Operations Managers, Legislators, Administrative Services Managers, and Managers, all other in Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Anaheim.
CSUN ranks 1st as a talent provider for occupations like Social and Community Service Managers; Marriage and Family Therapists; Counselors, all other; Child, Family, and School Social Workers; Healthcare Social Workers; Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers; Social Workers, all other; and Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists in Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Anaheim.
Where Our Alumni Are Today
alumni in the sector:
Companies they work for:
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
- Los Angeles County FCA
- Kaiser Permanente
- County of Ventura
- Anthem Inc.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Deloitte LLP
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- University of California
- Raytheon Company
- Easter Seals, Inc.
Top job titles:
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Chief Executives
- Social and Human Service Assistants
- Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Management Analysts
- General and Operations Managers
*Sources: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Emsi (national statistics unless otherwise noted)