Visiting students are those who are not formally admitted
and enrolled in a degree, certificate or credential program at CSUN.
To qualify as a U.S. visiting student for Open University enrollment purposes,
you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
FALL 2020 SEMESTER
Registration Period (Weeks 2-3)
Monday, August 31 - Friday, September 11, 2020
Monday, August 24, 2020 (Saturday classes begin August 22)
Last day to add without permission & Last day to drop and receive a refund
Friday, September 11, 2020
Monday, September 14 - Friday, September 18, 2020
Labor Day Holiday - campus closed; no instruction
Saturday, September 5 - Monday, September 7, 2020
Veterans Day Holiday - campus closed; no instruction
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Thanksgiving Recess - campus closed; no instruction
Thursday, November 26 - Sunday, November 29, 2020
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Final Examinations (see final exam schedule)
Wednesday, December 9 - Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Those who are new to CSUN, must first create a student account and establish
themselves in the system. See "How to Establish Yourself in the System" below. For
more information, see
How to Enroll.
How to Establish Yourself in the System
- Go to the CSUN Homepage.
- Hover the mouse cursor over "ADMISSIONS" section on the home page.
- Click "Extended Learning Programs and Registration".
- Click "Enrollment".
- Click "New Students".
- Fill out the "New Tseng College Student Application", then click "Continue".
- On the "Create User Profile" screen, create a password, then select one
of the following under "Program to Enroll":
- College of Extended Learning, Graduate Credit
- College of Extended Learning, Undergraduate Credit
- College of Extended Learning - Non Credit and CEUs (continuing education units)
- Select the appropriate term/session. Click "Submit".
- The "New Extension Student Application Completed" screen, containing your
CSUN Student ID Number and new User ID, will be displayed. Now, create your Password.
- Print this information for your records and keep it in a secure place. Your User
ID and Password are necessary to enter the Portal for all online services and registration.
After completion, click "Logout".
NOTE: If your intention is to make a payment with an Electronic Check, you must
wait 24 hours to enroll after completing the process, as explained above.
Open University Classes
To search for classes, click on the Fall 2020 navigation
link on top.
All Open University students are required to obtain and use a permission number
to enroll themselves in any course. To receive a permission number, Open University
students should review the class notes of the course for any department specific
process and then contact the instructor via email. Open University students must
attend the first class meeting of the course they wish to add to
revisit their request for a permission number from the instructor. For more information,
Maximum Unit Load:
- Undergraduate Students: 13 units
- Graduate Students: 19 units
Students in good standing may request additional units over the Fall and Spring
maximum unit load, by completing the Extra Unit Authorization form.
However, this form is strictly limited at this time, and will only be processed
when Nonrestrictive Registration begins (see Registration
U.S. Military Veterans or Service Members
If you are a U.S. Military Veteran or a Service Member, please contact the CSUN Veterans Affairs
Office at (818) 677-5928 or email email@example.com.