Below you will find answers to some of the frequently asked questions about this program. For additional information on admission requirements, curriculum, tuition and more, please visit the specific pages on the navigation menu to the left.
How many hours a week should I plan to dedicate to classes?
Credit-bearing programs conform to Carnegie hours (i.e., one credit equals one hour of class time, plus two hours of homework). This program has six credits per term, which equals 18 hours per week dedicated to classes.
Who takes this program?
This program appeals to those with a background in sociology, political science, social ecology, criminal justice, humanities, public administration, diversity, ethnic studies, educators and education administration, and those who want to make a difference in their communities. Those considering the Master of Public Administration program could be interested in this program as an alternate option.
What distinguishes this program?
There is a focus on community leadership through the lens of social justice and diversity.
Listening and Assessment Tools:
Learn by Doing:
- Students will identify and work with a local community partner, build practical experience, learn how organizations function and develop a portfolio to share with prospective employers.
- This program is delivered in a virtual format, fully online.
- Although the program is virtual, classes meet once weekly online, providing live interaction.
- Students will join a group of other working adults and move with them from the first day of class to the last.
Exceptional Support Services:
- A program management team will handle all administrative matters for students, freeing them to concentrate on their coursework and careers.
Excellence in Virtual Education:
- CSUN's virtual programs are held to the same high standards of academic excellence and student achievement as the university's on-campus programs.
Are there live sessions?
Yes, there are weekly virtual sessions one night per week, per class, usually starting about 6 p.m. PT.
For additional questions and answers, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.