To apply to the Master of Science in Taxation (MST) program, applicants must:
- Submit an online application (see the “How To Apply” page).
- Have a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Submit a Personal Statement describing:
- How your professional, academic or personal background fits well with the M.S. in Taxation program at CSUN.
- How an M.S. in Taxation will assist you to advance in your career.
- Submit a resume
- Submit original or certified copies of all academic transcripts.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from previous professors or supervisors.
- Successfully complete an introduction to federal income taxation course and a financial accounting course from an accredited institution.
- The GMAT or GRE is not required for applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applicants with an overall GPA lower than 3.0 are not required to take the GMAT/GRE if they they have the CPA credential or Enrolled Agent credential.
English Proficiency Requirements
For Non-U.S. Degree and International Students Only
Exception: If a graduate applicant has earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S., the TOEFL or other English language proficiency exam is not required.
The English language tests and minimum scores listed in the table below are accepted by CSUN for graduate applicants for Master of Science in Taxation.
|Test Name and Website||Minimum Score Required for Graduate Students||Send Score Directly To CSUN|
|Cambridge C1 Advanced English (formerly CAE)||180||Email “Confirmation of Entry” page to email@example.com.|
|DET – Duolingo English Test||105||Online through your Duolingo Account. See Sending Your Results.|
|EIKEN CSE – Common Scale for English||2630 (1)||Contact EIKEN online; they will send the score directly to us.|
|GTEC CBT – Global Test of English
Communication Computer-Based Test
|1200||Have GTEC send a copy of your "Official Score Certificate" to CSUN.|
|IELTS - International English Language Test System||6.5
||Have IELTS send a copy of your "Test Report Form" to CSUN.|
|iTEP Academic - International Test of English Proficiency||4.0||Have iTEP send your score to CSUN.|
|PTE Academic - Pearson’s Test of English||58||Online through your PTE Academic Account|
|TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language||— Internet Based score: 79
— Paper-based score: 550
We do not accept TOEFL ITP.
|Use CSUN School Code 4707.|
If a graduate applicant has earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a college or university outside the U.S. where English is the principal language of instruction, the TOEFL or other English language proficiency exam is not required. Please note:
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 677-5488.
Admission to the University
Students must submit an online application to the program and be admitted prior to taking the first class in the program. Students are required to provide official transcripts from the required institutions of higher education.
Before submitting your application, please ensure you meet all University admission requirements, including a minimum GPA of 2.5.