To apply to the Master of Science in Taxation (MST) program, applicants must possess (at the time of enrollment):
- An online application (see the “Apply” page)
- Have a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Personal Statement- describing:
- How your professional, academic or personal background fits well with the M.S. in Taxation program at CSUN.
- How an M.S. in Taxation will assist you to advance in your career.
- Strong descriptive resume
- Original or certified copies of all academic transcripts
- Two strong letters of recommendation from previous professors or supervisors.
- Successful completion of introduction to federal income taxation course and financial accounting course.
- The GMAT is not required for applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
English Proficiency Requirements
The English language tests and minimum scores listed in the table below are accepted by CSUN for graduate applicants for Master of Science in Taxation.
|Test Name and Website||Minimum Score Required for Graduate Students||Send Score Directly To CSUN|
|TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language||— Internet Based score: 79
— Paper-based score: 550
|Use CSUN School Code 4707.|
|IELTS - International English Language Test System||6.5 or higher
||Have IELTS send a copy of your Test Report Form to CSUN.|
|PTE Academic - Pearson’s Test of English||58 or higher||Online through your PTE Academic Account|
Exception: If a graduate applicant has earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a college or university in the U.S., the TOEFL or other English language proficiency exam is not required.
If a graduate applicant has earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a college or university outside the U.S. where English is the principal language of instruction, the TOEFL or other English language proficiency exam is not required. Please note:
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 677-3952.