For all students paying for self-enrolled classes, payment is due within twenty-four hours of enrollment. If payment is not received within two hours, you will be dropped from the class for nonpayment.

For all students enrolled in Tseng College cohort programs, payment is due the day prior to the start of term.

Before You Begin

When paying on a laptop or desktop, you MUST allow Pop-up's in order to complete the payment process successfully. If Pop-up's are not allowed at least temporarily, you will not be able to pay. Once the enrollment and payment processes are complete, you may readjust the browser to block Pop Up's.

  • On your computer browser, go to "Tools." Select the "Pop Up Blocker" section, and ALLOW POP UP's. If this is not done, you will NOT be able to complete your payment through Transact.
  • Go to
  • Click on MyCSUN and select CSUN Portal.

    CSUN Homepage Screenshot with MYNORTHRIDGE PORTAL circled

How To Make A Payment Online

How to Pay with Electronic Check*

Pay with Electronic Check

How to Pay with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express*

Pay online with Credit Card

How to Pay with International Funds Transfer*

Pay with International Funds Transfer

Make a Payment in Person

Payments can be made in person in Bayramian Hall, Student Services Lobby on the 1st floor, University Cash Services counter. Payment options in person include cash, personal check, cashier’s check, or debit card. Credit card payments must be made online.

For self-enrolling students (not in a Tseng College cohort), payment must be made within 24 hours of registration, or you will be dropped from the class. Make checks and money orders payable to California State University, Northridge or to CSUN.

Make a Payment by Mail

Mail personal check or cashier’s check only to:

California State University, Northridge
University Cash Services
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8214

Payment Conditions

The following conditions must be met for your registration to be processed without undue delay:

  • Payment must be made in full.
  • Lab and material fees are paid directly to the university. Students may pay by cash, money order, check or debit card, in person at Bayramian Hall or online with debit card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or electronic check.
  • Personal checks, cashier's checks or money orders can be processed only if the document is:
    • Made out correctly and not post-dated
    • Made payable to California State University, Northridge or to CSUN
    • Signed
  • If your check is not honored by your bank, there is a $10 returned check fee, a $10 Administrative Late Fee and you remain enrolled. Bounced checks do not officially withdraw you from class. Payment for returned checks can only be made with cash or certified funds.
  • Credit card payments can be processed only if:
    • The account number is for a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
    • The card has not expired
    • The account number is complete and the expiration date included
    • The full amount to be charged is specified
  • If your credit card charge is not authorized by the credit card clearing house, you will be required to submit a different form of payment.

View Enrollment Verification Online

  • Go to
  • Click on MyCSUN Portal on the left under the web banner
  • Scroll down to The Tseng College box, and click on the Student Center link.
  • Click on View my Class Schedule. This will display your current and past academic history.

View Payment Verification Online

  • Go to
  • Click on MyCSUN Portal on the left under the web banner
  • Scroll down to The Tseng College box, and click on the Student Center link.
  • Under Finances, select the Student Account Information link. This will display your current and past financial history.


Military/Veterans Benefits

If the military or Veterans Affairs is paying all or part of your tuition and fees, certify each semester online at The Cal Vet Fee Waiver is not applicable to Tseng College programs.

Additional information is available at the CSUN Office of Veterans Affairs.

Vocational Rehabilitation

If you are in a specially funded program for vocational training, your authorization must specify California State University, Northridge, the particular term in which you will be registered and the amount of the payment. If your benefits do not cover the full cost, be prepared to pay the outstanding amount at the time of registration. You must pay any laboratory, processing and late fees due. The authorization form must be submitted prior to registration.

General Sponsorship

Third Party Sponsors who have contractual agreements with the University and Tseng College will provide an authorization to pay for partial or full tuition and other fees for the sponsored student. Authorizations must be submitted each term. For further information, please contact Tseng College Finance at (818)677-4174 or email