All International Students on F-1 Visas who attend CSUN must be covered by Student Insurance at all times. Tseng College international students have the same requirements.

Please note: the insurance requirements are only for F-1 students who are IN the United States. If you are living outside of the U.S. and are taking courses online, due to COVID, you are not required to have student insurance. Whenever you are on a Tseng College I-20 and living in the U.S., you must have insurance.

Required Minimum Student Insurance
$100,000 Medical/Hospital and
$30,000 Emergency evacuation and repatriation

JCB Insurance Solutions is the company that provides Student Insurance for all F-1 international students at CSUN, including those in programs in the Tseng College.

  • When you purchase insurance through JCB Insurance Solutions, proof will be delivered to the correct office (if you choose the right category). You don’t have to do anything else.
  • Tseng College Students, do NOT use International Students on the drop-down menu!
Use this Chart to Determine which Category to Use on the JCB Insurance Solutions Drop-Down Menu
What Tseng Program are You in? Which Category on the drop-down menu should I use? Who / Where receives proof of insurance?
Tseng graduate programs such as GCBA, M.S. Taxation, MIA, ABA and MPA. International Tseng College Danielle Keesee
Semester at CSUN (SAC) SAC (Semester at CSUN) / Pathways Jessica Isomoto
Student Success Pathway (SSP) SAC (Semester at CSUN) / Pathways

Tseng College international students on F-1 visas have the option of buying insurance from the company of your choice but you must provide proof of having the required coverage, including while on OPT. It is your responsibility to submit proof of insurance to Tseng College, as well as each renewal. It can be submitted via email, to, or any DSO in the Tseng College.

Here are companies that sell student insurance. This list is given as a convenience to our students, not as any type of endorsement or recommendation.

If you have medical/health insurance through a spouse or when employed under OPT, you will probably need to buy evacuation and repatriation insurance only (“supplemental insurance”). You can purchase it from an insurance company you choose. It must provide at least $30,000 to cover repatriation and evacuation.