Job Outlook: Engineering, Computer Science and Technical
When choosing a program, it’s important to know the outcomes of previous students. Whether they went on to successful careers or what jobs they began after graduation – this data can help you plan your future and decide which program is right for you.
Engineering, Computer Science and Technical
Between January 2019 to May 2020, there were 262,755 unique job postings requiring a master’s degree. The median annual wage for architecture and engineering occupations was $81,440 in May 2019.
Employment of computer and information technology occupations is projected to grow 12% from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are projected to add about 546,200 new jobs.
Where Our Alumni Are Today
in the sector:
Companies they work for:
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Hamilton Sundstrand Corporation
- Raytheon Company
- NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Inc.
- Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings, Inc.
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Amgen Inc.
Top job titles:
- Chief Executive Officers (CEO)
- Mechanical Engineers
- Project Engineers (Architecture and Engineering)
- Systems Engineers (Architecture and Engineering)
- Program Managers (Management)
- Project Managers (Management)
- Engineering Managers
- Software Developers
- Chief Technology Officers (CTO)
- Information Technology (IT) Managers
*Sources: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Emsi (national statistics unless otherwise noted)