This program is only available for contract (i.e. for employers who wish to commission and fund an exclusive cohort of the program for their employees). If you'd like to learn more about this program, please contact us by submitting the form on the left of this page. Thank you!
With the constant deluge of new employment laws, government agency guidelines, new trends in business management, and ever-changing expectations of today's workforce, no function in corporate America has a more powerful impact than human resources management.
To be effective, HR professionals must stay up-to-date on many different issues, from legal compliance to employee relations.
Because of the impact on the workforce and productivity, more than ever, human resources professionals are needed to be directly involved in shaping management decisions.
They frequently find themselves and their departments functioning on an internal, consultant-like basis. To operate more effectively as an HR professional, you need to master the latest skills and anticipate trends in the field.
This valuable program offered by the Tseng College incorporates a wide range of topics and will help even the most adept HR professional advance to the next level of performance.
At the conclusion of the program, successful certificate candidates will be able to:
- Effectively screen and select employees
- Understand components of total compensation systems
- Recruit and retain people who fit the organization
- Link workers' compensation management to cost containment
- Utilize performance management tools for training, incentives and organizational development
- Identify and apply basic elements of labor and employment law
- Build a compliant, sensitive and diverse workforce
- Create a competitive benefits and services program
Those newer to the HRM field can prepare to tackle virtually any employment problem with a solid foundation of concepts and practical applications.Those already experienced in the field will be able to update and broaden their knowledge and focus on specialized areas in-depth.
10 Reasons to Get Your Human Resources Management Certificate
- Our program is taught by expert practitioners in the human resources arena.
- Our coursework is hands-on and so practical that students frequently comment that they are able to apply what they've just learned in a class to their jobs the next day.
- Our students develop public speaking and research skills - essential to success in the field.
- Our program is designed for working adults, with classes scheduled on weeknights.
- You can complete your certificate in just one year!
- You may enroll at any time during the year - not just at the beginning of the semester.
- As a student, you have access to the resources of CSUN, a major university accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Our curriculum is guided by the HR competency research conducted by the Human Resources Certification Institute.
- All certificate courses are graded. You can view your transcript online or obtain copies by request.
- Our program is affordable. The approximate cost of completing the program is just under $3,600 for tuition, plus textbooks and parking.
Program Benefits for Attendees and Companies
- Stay current on emerging trends in legislation, new case law, the full range of human resources specialties, and business management strategies.
- Pass rigorous, university-level academic standards that employers respect.
- Work with instructors who challenge you and provide individual help.
- Enjoy guest speakers - working professionals who bring today's real issues to class.
- Compare the variety of student perspectives that enrich every class, and share and discover practical solutions to your workplace problems.
- Apply your learning to make immediate contributions in your job and strengthen your value to your organization.
- Attend on weeknights to accommodate your busy schedule.
Is this Program for You?
* This program is designed specifically for human resources managers, staff specialists, health and safety professionals, and line managers who are interested in furthering their career in HR management.
Participants should have a high school degree or equivalent, and least one year's experience in human resources administration or management, workplace safety, payroll, supervisory experience, or related work.
Students must demonstrate competence in basic skills required for oral and written communication, reading and computation. Students also may be required to attain high scores on the English as a Second Language placement examination.
No Bachelor's Degree required.
Take individual classes or follow the full certification curriculum.
Job Titles of Current Students and Program Alumni:
- Accounting Manager
- Benefits Coordinator
- Corporate Trainer
- Director of Human Resources
- Human Resources Analyst
- Human Resources Generalist
- Office Manager
- Payroll Supervisor
- Personnel Manager
- Safety/HR Manager
- Staffing Specialist
Your fellow course participants travel from as far away as Acton, Moorpark, Castaic, Pasadena, and Culver City to take these courses.
Participants include HR Generalists and Specialists, HR Managers and Directors, Plant and Site Managers, Safety Officers, Staffing Specialists, and Payroll Technicians.