This program is only available for contract (i.e. for employers who wish to commission and fund an exclusive cohort of the program for its employees). If you'd like to learn more about this program, please contact us by submitting the form on the left of this page. Thank you!
CSUN’s online Master of Public Administration Cohort for Executives provides mid- to upper-level public-sector managers and administrators with the knowledge and expertise essential for career advancement and success at the highest administrative levels of their organizations.
Created in partnership with the California State Association of Counties, this program enables public executives who have experience with any public agency, whether municipal, county, state, or federal, to develop and apply advanced professional skills in administrative leadership and critical analysis in the public-sector context, while meeting demands of their current positions.
- An interdisciplinary curriculum that focuses on case studies highly relevant to current issues in the field of public administration
- Fully online instructional content, accessible to students at their own convenience
- A fixed schedule of courses that enables participants to plan their studies around their professional and personal responsibilities
- An outstanding faculty, composed of senior-level, public-sector professionals and recognized scholars from relevant disciplines within the University
- The opportunity to meet and network with fellow public-sector professionals from across the nation through a one-day series of workshops and face-to-face lectures in California’s state capital, Sacramento
- Offered by CSUN’s College of Social and Behavioral Science in collaboration with the university’s Tseng College, this intensive, 33-unit program takes only two years to complete.
CSUN MPA Distinctions:
- CSUN is California’s leading provider of MPAs.
- CSUN is the third-largest MPA provider in the U.S. (behind only Harvard and Columbia universities)
- Since 1985, more than 2,000 graduates have earned MPA degrees at CSUN.
CSUN online programs share the same distinguished faculty and high academic standards with on-campus programs
This two-year program is fully online, providing midcareer adults with significant flexibility for completing coursework at times and in places that fit their own weekly schedules. All CSUN online programs are crafted by the same distinguished faculty and leading practitioners as CSUN's on-campus programs and are held to the same high standards of academic excellence and student achievement. Every online program is taught by CSUN full- and part-time faculty, whose digital engagement with online students is qualitatively equivalent to their engagement with students on campus.
Program cohorts encourage teamwork, support and high graduation rates
Students complete assignments on their own time within a structured schedule. They proceed through this program as a cohort with a limited number of participants, developing a supportive network of fellow learners. The cohort design guarantees registration in all required courses and also typically results in on-time program completion rates of 90 percent or higher.
Exceptional support services designed for working professionals
From application to graduation, students enjoy the one-on-one support of a designated program manager and a CSUN faculty member assigned to coordinate the efforts of all teaching. This support frees busy professionals from navigating the University's administrative systems so they can focus on their studies.