CSUN is an academically-attractive destination for international students at the undergraduate and graduate levels who are looking for an exceptional American university experience. We welcome new relationships with recruitment partners from around the world.
Procedure of establishing official partnership with CSUN
Step 1 – Inquiry
- Review the Basic Principles for Establishing Agreements with International Recruitment Firms and Institutions (pdf).
- Send an inquiry email with your company information to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. In the email, please state your reason/interest for joining California State University, Northridge as an official recruiting partner.
- The International Partnership and Programs Development team will send information and documentation necessary to establish a partnership with CSUN.
- Answer all questions on the Recruitment Services Agreement Profile Sheet and provide three institutional references (preferably from the United States and/or from another CSU or UC campus).
- Submit the completed “Recruitment Services Agreement Profile Sheet” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 – Reference Check
- Upon receiving your completed Recruitment Services Agreement Profile Sheet, the International Partnership and Programs Development team will review your company information and conduct a thorough reference check.
- CSUN requires a minimum of three (3) references from U.S. educational institutions. Please note that all listed references will be contacted within 1-2 business days of receiving the completed Recruitment Services Agreement Profile Sheet. For that reason, we recommend that you contact your references ahead of time. If your recruitment firm is certified by the American International Recruitment Council (AIRC), CSUN will waive one (1) required reference. If you have a certificate from the AIRC, please email a scanned copy along with your completed Recruiting Services Agreement Profile Sheet.
- Incomplete forms and/or forms missing references will not be considered.
- After the reference check, CSUN’s International Partnership and Programs Development team will review your file and decide whether to move forward with a Recruiting Services Agreement. If approved, a complete agreement takes approximately 6-8 weeks to finalize.
Step 3 – Review and Approval
- A CSUN Recruiting Services Agreement is drafted and submitted for internal university approvals.
- All CSUN Recruiting Services Agreements must be reviewed and approved by the CSU Chancellor’s Office. Please note that this process can take several weeks (4-6).
- Once approved by the CSU Chancellor’s Office, the Recruiting Services Agreement is forwarded internally through the CSUN campus for final approvals and signatures, including the University President.
- CSUN’s International Partnership and Programs Development team will email the Recruiting Services Agreement to the approved partner for final signature.
Programs eligible for representation
An official recruiting partner with a finalized and valid CSUN Recruiting Services Agreement on file has the option to represent California State University, Northridge in one or more of the following programs:
- Direct admission to CSUN Degree programs (graduate or undergraduate)
- Direct admission to the following University Certificate: Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Intensive English Program (IEP) with Conditional Admission for students who do not meet the English proficiency requirement and want admission to a CSUN degree program
- Intensive English Program (IEP)
- Semester at CSUN (SAC) program
- Customized Short-term program
- Contracted Language and Cultural Experience program