Join us for an Open House!
Learn more about our graduate programs in business.
- Interact with students, alumni and faculty from the Pre-MBA certificate, MBA, Master of Accountancy, and Master of Taxation programs
- Hear from the Program Directors about the admissions processes
- Receive resume tips from a career services professional
- Q & A with student and alumni panel
- Tour the CSUN campus and the David Nazarian College of Business and Economics
When: Saturday, February 11, 2017
Time: 9:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Click here to RSVP.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 818-677-2467.
The first graduate program of its kind in the Western United States – and the only one located in the heart of the nation's professional entertainment community – CSUN's Music Industry Administration M.A. is an excellent solution for professionals seeking careers in producing, distributing, managing, and promoting music and music related business.
Learn the business of music today
Because this program focuses on the industry itself – current trends, music publishing, e-commerce, marketing management, organizational behavior, entertainment and copyright law – there is no performance requirement for admission.
Offered by the Department of Music in CSUN's Mike Curb College of Arts, Media and Communication, in collaboration with the university's David Nazarian College of Business and Economics, the 33-unit Music Industry Administration program takes only 21 months to complete. The program is taught by distinguished music industry and business professionals. While many of the courses are the same as those in CSUN's MBA program, which is ranked among the nation's best part-time MBA programs by "U.S. News and World Report", most feature content that is specifically relevant to current music-industry trends.
Experience networking opportunities and music-industry access
The program is offered in the cohort format, which facilitates networking and the formation of lasting professional connections. Students also have opportunities to meet leaders in the field and participate in industry events, such as the Grammy Awards.
Enjoy convenient course schedules, created for working professionals
All classes in this program meet on evenings and weekends to fit the busy lifestyles of participants.
Get trained for success in a variety of music-industry roles:
- Music business administration – recording executive, talent manager, producer of music-related events, publisher, copyright administrator, or music supervisor
- Marketing or licensing music – producer, publishing administrator, music supervisor, or music-clearance specialist
- Promoting and publicizing music – marketing or public relations specialist
- Presenting live performances – concert producer, promoter or tour manager
- Assisting performers with their careers – talent agent, personal or business manager
Benefit from comprehensive support services, designed for working professionals
From application to graduation, students enjoy the one-on-one support of a designated program manager and a CSUN faculty member assigned to coordinate the efforts of all teaching in the program. This comprehensive support enables busy professionals to focus on their studies and achieve success.
Access outstanding campus facilities and world-class faculty
CSUN's 356-acre campus – the largest in California's public-university system – provides a park-like atmosphere and virtually unlimited opportunities for interacting with fellow students as well as faculty, the majority of whom are not only academically highly qualified but also recognized as expert practitioners in their respective fields.
University amenities include the Oviatt Library, the Matador Bookstore, the Klotz Student Health Center, the Student Recreation Center and many other campus resources.