Master of Public Administration
About This Program - MPA for Government Representatives
California State University Northridge (CSUN) has been known for decades as a provider of exceptional education. CSUN graduates hold leading roles in many professions, industries and public-sector organizations – regionally, nationally and internationally. In addition, CSUN has long ranked near the top of peer institutions nationwide in sending students on to doctoral programs in the social and behavioral sciences, and many CSUN graduates have enjoyed successful careers as leaders in local, state and regional agencies.
Currently, the CSUN Master of Public Administration (MPA) program is the largest in California and the third-largest in the nation, just behind Harvard University and Columbia University.
What CSUN can do for government:
- CSUN can bring its MPA program and/or graduate credit-certificate programs to agency sites and offer cohorts exclusively for agency employees. CSUN has considerable experience in delivering on-site programs, whether taught face-to-face, online or in blended formats.
- Both on-site and online MPA programs for employers can include some customization of materials relevant to a particular region or service area and/or the development of course content based on constituent-specific challenges and issues.
- CSUN's agility, expertise in program design, and considerable experience in working with public-sector employers enable it to respond quickly and effectively to both long-standing and emerging educational needs.
- CSUN currently offers the following "options" within the MPA program. Additional options – which can be tailored to address agency priorities – can also be developed.
- Environmental Sustainability and Planning
- Health Administration
- Nonprofit Sector Management
- Performance Management and Productivity
- Public Policy Analysis and Management
- Public Sector Management and Leadership
- Urban Studies and Planning
The MPA program has contracts with the following agencies:
- College of the Canyons
- City of Chino
- City of Inglewood
- City of Pasadena
- City of Perris
- County of Santa Barbara
- County of Ventura
- Glendale Community College
- Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Works
- Los Angeles County Registrar/Recorder
- Los Angeles Department of Mental Health
- Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services
- Los Angeles School Police Department
- Los Angeles Unified School District