Prior to admission, qualified applicants must:
- Possess a diploma or a degree from an accredited Radiologic Technology or Nuclear Medicine program.
- Show proof of successful completion of College Algebra (or equivalency) or a higher level of math preferably within the past 5 years from a regionally-accredited institution. (College Algebra at CSUN = MATH 102.)
- Possess a national certificate from the ARRT in Radiography or Nuclear medicine or a national certificate in NM from NMTCB.
- Recommended skill: Fluency in conversational and written English. This is mandatory for clinical placement and patient interaction.
- Review all Clinical Requirements below.
After you have been approved to enter the program, you must submit a background check which meets the requirements of the institution through CastleBranch.com to be eligible to begin the program.
Previous clinical experience must be approved by the CSUN faculty. Please contact Tseng College to submit the approved ARRT clinical experience form for review. If your clinical is not approved the following policies refer to clinical placements at CSUN affiliates.
To be considered for clinical placement, all students will be required to meet all criteria specified by the affiliate medical centers. These criteria will include but may not be limited to:
- random drug screening
- submission of a passing physical examination immediately upon acceptance
- documentation of immunization records including, but not limited to: 2-step TB, Hepatitis B, Varicella, MMR, and Tetanus immediately upon acceptance
- CPR certification through American Heart Association for the Health Care Provider
- Proof of liability insurance: CSUN will provide information regarding this
- Proof of health insurance with urgent care/emergency coverage.
- All of these verifications and certificates will be the financial responsibility of the student.
For students in the southern California area who will be taking advantage of clinical placement through CSUN affiliate clinical sites:
- There is no guarantee of evening or weekend shifts. Clinical will be given on a first come first serve basis.
- Students must meet the clinical coordinators once on the CSUN campus to review any paperwork or additional site requirements and take pictures.
- Screening interviews will be conducted for all students placed at CSUN's clinical sites. Admission into clinical will be at the discretion of the clinical site.
- All parking costs at clinical sites are at the expense of the student.
Approval of a clinical site placement outside of the CSUN network requires that the student and site sign a memorandum of understanding and submit to the CSUN oversight and documentation. Locating and gaining approval of a clinical site outside of the CSUN network is part of the application process and the student's responsibility.
Clinical-Experience Exemption option is available for those who can provide documentation of completion of the required clinical-experience. If such proof is provided by the student, this student will be exempt from taking CT Clinical Education (XRAD 904) and MRI Clinical Education (XRAD 906). This option enables those with clinical experience to obtain the coursework necessary to prepare for the ARRT's CT and/or MRI credentialing examinations.
Please carefully review the technical requirements for this program.
Please carefully review the full list of Program Policies, including Academic Honesty and Integrity Requirement, Time Limitations for Earning Degrees and Certificates, Temporary Disruption of Attendance, Withdrawal Policy and Refund Policy.