Applicant MUST have ALL of the following satisfied before the application will be processed and a Form I-20 will be issued for the Student Success Pathway (SSP) program:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program
- Have completed high school, and be a first time freshman.
- Minimum of 3.0 high school GPA for undergraduate level students, based on a 4.0 grading system from an accredited institution.
- Meets SSP program’s English-language proficiency minimum scores: TOEFL 50 / IELTS 5.0.
- Program Application Fee must be paid when submitting the online application. This fee is non-refundable.
- All required documents are submitted at the time of the online application.
- Program Tuition must be received in FULL and successfully posted on the student’s account.
Application and Items to Submit
- Submit an online application to the Student Success Pathway by selecting the appropriate semester, creating a user account, and completing all appropriate sections of the application prior to submitting. If you have any questions/concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
- Program Application Fee is paid at the time of the online application by credit card only (MasterCard or VISA). This fee is non-refundable.
- Provide HOME COUNTRY ADDRESS on the application. This is a SEVIS requirement.
NOTE: SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information database, used nationwide, that the United States (U.S.) government uses to maintain accurate and current information on non-immigrant students, as well as generates a Form I-20 or DS-Form DS-2019 required to present at a visa interview.
- Upload and attach the following REQUIRED documents at the time of the online application:
Complete the following to receive an acceptance packet, along with a Form I-20:
- Set up your access to myNorthridge Portal. Watch for the “Activate Your CSUN Account” email from CSUN Tseng College Admissions, Registration and Client Services (ARC) Office sent to the address you provided on your program application. You should receive the email 1 or 2 days after you apply. Email contains the following information to help you setup a CSUN account:
- Nine-digit CSUN student identification number
- CSUN User ID
- CSUN Email Address
- Instructions to set up access to myNorthridge Portal. For help, see account activation instructions.
- Make an online Program Tuition payment. To make an online payment, log on to myNorthridge Portal, using personal CSUN username and password, then:
- Select the Home tab
- Locate the Quick Links and select Pay Account Balance
- Select EXL Credit Card Payment (Must disable the popup blocker to navigate to the new online tab/window. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance)
- New TAB will open to make a payment through the CashNet database. Online payment is accepted in the following methods:
- Credit Card - Visa or MasterCard only
- Electronic Check - Account and routing number are required
- International Wire Transfer - Must select currency and country. Print payment instructions. Complete payment at local bank or with online banking using the printed instructions. For more information on International Wire Transfer, please see our guide.
IMPORTANT: Program tuition must be received in full and successfully posted on the student’s account before a Form I-20 will be issued.
- Access CSUN Gmail or forward to personal email. All official university communication is sent to the CSUN Gmail email account. It is the student’s responsibility to monitor the Gmail account. For help, access and manage CSUN email.
- Upon admission, receive program acceptance packet, along with a Form I-20. NOTE: A Form I-20 is a government approved document issued by the Tseng College.
Apply for an F-1 student visa at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country of origin. The following lists the general step order:
- Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee. Your Form I-20 is needed for this step. Proof of payment of this fee enables you to make a Visa interview appointment. Student should save the proof of payment receipt for their Visa interview.
- Make an appointment for an F-1 visa interview by contacting the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. This must be done no more the 120 days before program start date on I-20. Also see the Visa Wait Times for more information.
- Assemble all the required documents for the visa interview. Review the Required Documentation.
- Attend visa interview. Visas are not issued at the time of appointment.
- Upon being granted a Student F-1 Visa, you may enter the U.S. no more than 30 days before the Program Start Date on your Form I-20.
- Travel to the U.S. with your issued F-1 Visa and Form I-20. The immigration officials will place a Port of Entry (POE) stamp inside your passport. YOU MUST PROVIDE POE AT CHECK-IN AT YOUR SCHOOL.
- Arrive to California State University, Northridge. Welcome!
NOTE: Review the visa requirements and related information page for visa requirements, essential documents, steps, and other important information.
Upon Arrival to the United States (U.S.)
- Check-in IN PERSON with the Admissions, Registration and Client Services (ARC) Office, located in EU 200, and be prepared to submit the following documents:
- Check-In Form (requires U.S. residential address and a U.S. Emergency Contact)
- Port of Entry Stamp (placed inside the passport when entering the U.S.)
- Copy of Visa (include photo page)
NOTE: FAILURE TO COMPLETE SEVIS CHECK-IN MAY AFFECT ELIGIBILITY TO REMAIN IN STATUS. Submit the above documents as a whole to expedite the SEVIS registration process. SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information database, used nationwide, that the U.S. government uses to maintain accurate and current information on non-immigrant students, as well as generates a Form I-20 or DS-Form DS-2019 required to present at a visa interview.
- Attend MANDATORY orientation. Refer to program admit letter for date, time, and location. If the location on the letter says “To Be Advised,” email email@example.com for details.
- Email a copy of Proof of Health Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include first name, last name, and CSUN ID number in the subject line of the email. For more information, please see Health and Accident Insurance Requirements. Health insurance is a CSU requirement.
- Attend class! To maintain visa and Form I-20, the U.S. government REQUIRES all international students be enrolled in FULL-TIME studies. Failure to attend classes, while in the U.S., violates the student visa terms.
Please carefully review the full list of International Programs and Partnerships Program Policies.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and read some of the linked documents on this page. Download a free copy of Adobe Reader.