Once admitted into the Semester at CSUN program, students have additional steps to complete once they arrive on our beautiful campus.
Upon Arrival to the US
- IN PERSON check-in with the CSUN Tseng College Admissions, Registration and Client Services (ARC) Office and submit the following documents:
- Check-In Form (requires U.S. residential address and a U.S. Emergency Contact)
- Port of Entry Stamp (placed inside the passport when entering the U.S.)
- Copy of Visa (include photo page)
NOTE: FAILURE TO COMPLETE SEVIS CHECK-IN MAY AFFECT ELIGIBILITY TO REMAIN IN STATUS. Submit the above documents as a whole to expedite the SEVIS registration process. SEVIS is the Student and Exchange Visitor Information database, used nationwide, that the U.S. government uses to maintain accurate and current information on non-immigrant students, as well as generates a Form I-20 required to present at a visa interview.
- Attend MANDATORY orientation. Refer to the program admission letter for date, time, and location. If the location on the letter states “To Be Advised,” please email email@example.com for details.
- Email a copy of Proof of Health Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include first name, last name, and CSUN ID number in the subject line of the email. For more information, please see Health and Accident Insurance Requirements. Health insurance is a CSU requirement.
- Full-Time Enrollment Requirement. To maintain visa and Form I-20, the U.S. government REQUIRES all international students be enrolled in FULL-TIME studies. For SAC undergraduate students, full-time enrollment is a minimum of 12 units. For SAC graduate students, full-time enrollment is a minimum of 9 units. Failure to attend classes while in the U.S. violates the student visa terms.
Please carefully review the full list of International Programs and Partnerships Program Policies.