All international students who hold F-1 visas are required to obtain and maintain health insurance coverage during their period of enrollment. This coverage must include the following:
- Medical and hospital benefits of at least $100,000 USD per accident or illness
- Medical evacuation and repatriation coverage of at least $30,000 USD
A policy can be purchased online at www.csuhealthlink.com and must be paid separately from your tuition. To select a policy for International Programs and Partnerships Students:
- Click on "Find Your School's Plan" button
- Select "CSU Northridge"
- Select "CSU Northridge-Intensive English Prog" (not "CSU Northridge - International Student")
Payments can be made online.
- If the policy is purchased elsewhere, please bring a receipt showing proof of expiration date as well as the policy, or a letter from the insurance company with your full name verifying that your current insurance meets the above requirements.
- Policies purchased in countries other than the United States must be officially translated in English and all relevant amounts must be in U.S. dollars.
For International Programs and Partnerships Students:
At IPP Orientation, please submit photocopies of student health insurance.