Visiting students are considered those who are not formally admitted and enrolled in a degree, certificate or crediential program at CSUN.
To qualify as a U.S. visiting student for Open University enrollment purposes, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
|SPRING 2017 SEMESTER
|January 21 - February 10
||Registration Period (Weeks 1-3)
||Last day to add without permission. Last day to drop and receive a refund
|February 13 – 17
||4th Week Late Registration
|March 20 - March 26
||Spring Recess (no instruction)
||Holiday; Campus Closed (Cesar Chavez Day)
|May 13 - May 19
Those who are new to CSUN, must first create a student account and establish themselves in the system. See "How to Establish Yourself in the System" below. For more information, see How to Enroll.
How to Establish Yourself in the System
- Go to the CSUN Homepage.
- Hover the mouse cursor over "ADMISSIONS" section on the home page.
- Click "Extended Learning Programs and Registration".
- Click "Enrollment."
- Click "New Students."
- Fill out the "New Tseng College Student Application", then click "Continue".
- In the "Create User Profile" screen, create a password, then select one of the following under "Program to Enroll":
- College of Extended Learning, Graduate Credit
- College of Extended Learning, Undergraduate Credit
- College of Extended Learning - Non Credit and CEUs (continuing education units)
- Select the appropriate term/session. Click "Submit".
- The "New Extension Student Application Completed" screen, containing your CSUN Student ID Number and new User ID, will be displayed. Now, create your Password.
- Print this information for your records and keep it in a secure place. Your User ID and Password are necessary to enter the Portal for all online services and registration. You may also write this information below for future use. After you have completed this, click on "Logout".
NOTE: If your intention is to make a payment with an Electronic Check, you must wait 24 hours to enroll after completing the process, as explained above.
Open University Classes
To search for classes, click on the Spring navigation link on top.
All Open University students are required to obtain and use a permission number to enroll in any course. It is highly recommended all Open University students attend the first class meeting of the course they wish to add, to receive permission from the instructor to add the class. For more information, see Prerequisites.
Maximum Unit Load:
- Undergraduate Students13 units
- Graduate Students19 units
Students in good standing may request additional units over the Fall and Spring maximum unit load by completing the Extra Unit Authorization form.
However, this form is strictly limited at this time, and will only be processed when Nonrestrictive Registration begins (see Registration Calendar).
U.S. Military Veterans or Service Members
If you are a U.S. Military Veteran or a Service Member, please contact the CSUN Veterans Affairs Office at (818) 677-5928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Knowledge Center