Every off-campus cohort has a specialization within the MPA Public Sector Management and Leadership option. Please read specialization descriptions below.
Spring 2018 Cohorts
- Norwalk (Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk's Office) | Specialization in Program Management and Leadership
12400 Imperial Highway, Norwalk, CA 90650
- Beverly Hills (City Hall) | Specialization in Program Management and Leadership
455 North Rexford Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Pasadena (City Hall) | Specialization in Program Management and Leadership
100 North Garfield Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101
Fall 2017 Cohorts
- Alhambra (DPW) | Specialization in Program Management and Leadership
900 S. Fremont Avenue, Alhambra Room, Alhambra, CA 97803
- South El Monte (LADPSS) | Specialization in Program Management and Leadership
Ramada Inn, 1089 Santa Anita Avenue, South El Monte, CA 91733
This specialization’s courses prepare both current and future public administrators to address the hiring, retention, promotion and engagement of employees within public-sector organizations by linking the best current practices in each of these areas to an organization’s strategic plan. Participants learn how to innovate and adapt in order to function effectively and proactively as HR professionals.
Program Analysis and Evaluation
The courses in this specialization introduce participants to the various methods of program analysis and evaluation used in the field of public administration and provide the skills needed both for improving existing evaluation systems and designing new systems that will provide the information needed in order to achieve organizational objectives.
Program Management and Leadership
The courses in this area facilitate the development of managerial effectiveness and leadership capabilities. Participants assess their own leadership strengths as well as their access to professional development opportunities. Students acquire knowledge, competencies, and skills appropriate to various models and methods of management and leadership.