A prerequisite is a course or condition that must be completed/met prior to enrollment in another specified course.
- For former CSUN students, SOLAR determines if the student meets the prerequisite requirements.
- Visiting students are required to obtain a permission number to register for classes, regardless of if there is a prerequisite.
Visiting students are required to obtain a Permission Number in order to register for classes. To obtain a Permission Number, contact the instructor. If sending an email, please provide:
- Your full name
- Student ID (optional)
- Course number and title (i.e., “MATH 102 – College Algebra”)
- Provide proof of how you have met the prerequisite requirement:
- For example, you may send an unofficial copy of your transcript and/or links to descriptions of the relevant course(s) taken at your home institution, or a brief explanation of your readiness.
- This process varies depending on the department.
- Suggested subject line: “MATH 102 Permission Number for Fall 2016”
A list of department chairs can be found on the Contact Us page.
Details regarding Open University registration period, add/drop classes, grades, refunds and late enrollment can be found below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and read some of the linked documents on this page. Download a free copy of Adobe Reader.
- After Open University registration ends, "swapping” will no longer be accepted.
- Although dropping a course protects your academic record, there is no refund available after Friday, September 16, 2016. See Refunds for more information.
- For the “W” grade definition, see Administrative Grading Symbols.
Open University Add/Drop Chart and Refund Schedule
||ADD A CLASS
||DROP A CLASS*
||CHANGE BASIS OF GRADING
August 27-September 16, 2016
|Add online with permission number from instructor
(August 27-September 16, 2016)
|Students withdrawing after September 23, 2016 will receive a letter grade of "W". For more, see Withdrawal Policies.
|After September 16, 2016
||In order to add, drop* or change the basis of a grade, students must get approval uses the forms below.
A $25 late fee will apply.
Undergraduate Student only:
Graduate Students only: