Visiting students are those who are not formally admitted and enrolled in a degree, certificate or crediential program at CSUN.
To qualify as a U.S. visiting student for Open University enrollment purposes, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
|FALL 2016 SEMESTER
|Registration Period (Weeks 1-3)
||Saturday, August 27 – Friday, September 16
||Monday, August 29, 2016 (Saturday classes begin August 27)
|Last day to add without permission & Last day to drop and receive a refund
||Friday, September 16, 2016
|4th Week Late Registration
||Monday, September 19 – Friday, September 23, 2016
|Labor Day Holiday - campus closed; no instruction
||Saturday, September 3 - Monday, September 5, 2016
|Veterans Day Holiday - campus closed; no instruction
||Friday, November 11
|Thanksgiving Recess - campus closed; no instruction
||Thursday, November 24 - Sunday, November 27, 2016
||Sunday, December 11, 2016
|Final Examinations (see final exam schedule)
||Monday, December 12 – Sunday, December 18, 2016
Those who are new to CSUN must first create a student account and establish themselves in the system. See "How to Establish Yourself in the System" below. For more information, see How to Enroll.
How to Establish Yourself in the System
- Go to the CSUN Homepage.
- Hover the mouse cursor over "ADMISSIONS" section on the home page.
- Click "Extended Learning Programs and Registration".
- Click "Enrollment."
- Click "New Students."
- Fill out the "New Tseng College Student Application", then click "Continue".
- In the "Create User Profile" screen, create a password, then select one of the following under "Program to Enroll":
- College of Extended Learning, Graduate Credit
- College of Extended Learning, Undergraduate Credit
- College of Extended Learning - Non Credit and CEUs (continuing education units)
- Select the appropriate term/session. Click "Submit".
- The "New Extension Student Application Completed" screen, containing your CSUN Student ID Number and new User ID, will be displayed. Now, create your Password.
- Print this information for your records and keep it in a secure place. Your User ID and Password are necessary to enter the Portal for all online services and registration. After completion, click "Logout".
NOTE: If your intention is to make a payment with an Electronic Check, you must wait 24 hours to enroll after completing the process, as explained above.
Open University Classes
To search for classes, click on the Open University navigation link on top.
All Open University students are required to obtain and use a permission number to enroll themselves in any course. It is highly recommended all Open University students attend the first class meeting of the course they wish to add to from the instructor to add the class. For more information, see Prerequisites.
Maximum Unit Load:
- Undergraduate Students: 13 units
- Graduate Students: 19 units
Students in good standing may request additional units over the Fall and Spring maximum unit load, by completing the Extra Unit Authorization form.
However, this form is strictly limited at this time, and will only be processed when Nonrestrictive Registration begins (see Registration Calendar).
U.S. Military Veterans or Service Members
If you are a U.S. Military Veteran or a Service Member, please contact the CSUN Veterans Affairs Office at (818) 677-5928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.