To be admitted to the MPH online program, applicants must possess (at the time of application):
- Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative G.P.A.: 3.0 or 2.75-2.99 and a GRE score, in one section of the test, in the upper 50th percentile. GRE scores are not required if your cumulative GPA is 3.0 or higher.
English Proficiency Requirements for International Applicants
Applicants whose language of instruction was not English, are required to take one of the following placement exams:
- TOEFL– Minimum scores accepted:
- Paper-Based test: 550
- Computer Based test: 213
- Internet-based test: 79
- IELTS – Minimum score of 6.5 or higher
- PTE Academic – Pearson's Test of English with a minimum score of 58
Please have all scores sent directly to CSUN code 4707 directly from testing agency
Please carefully review the full list of Program Policies, including Academic Honesty and Integrity Requirement, Time Limitations for Earning Degrees and Certificates, Temporary Disruption of Attendance, Withdrawal Policy and Refund Policy.
Minimum Technical Requirements
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MAC USERS:
In the event a text book include supplemental materials on disk that are supported by Windows OS only, access to a PC may be necessary. Mac users also have the option to run Windows on a Mac natively with Boot Camp (recommended), or virtually with applications such as Parallels , or VMware Fusion .
- High-speed Internet connection (e.g. Cable or DSL; Internet Provider should have live customer support)
- Microsoft Windows Vista, or 7 operating system, or Mac OS X operating system (version 10.7 or later)
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 for Windows (or 2008 or 2011 for Mac)
- Internet Explorer and/or Mozilla Firefox web browser
- Most current version of Flash Player
- Most current version of Acrobat Reader
- Up-to-date anti-virus software
- 1.6 GHz Processor
- 1 GB RAM for XP or Vista Home Basic, or Mac OS X
- 2 GB RAM for Vista Home Premium/Business/Ultimate or Windows 7
- 128 MB of graphics memory for Vista Home Premium/Business/Ultimate or Windows 7
- Screen resolution set to 1024x768 or higher
- DVD-ROM drive
- USB or Firewire Web Cam (Logitech recommended) or built-in Web Cam
- USB headset (Logitech recommended)
- Accessible USB ports to plug in USB flash drive, webcam, headset, etc.
- Scanner (with compatible software to save scanned documents to PDF, JPG or GIF format)
Minimum Required Computer Skills
Because of the nature of this program, participants must have a least a basic level of knowledge of, and the ability to use, common computer programs including email, word processing and Microsoft Excel. Staff from The Tseng College can initially orient participants to use the online learning management system (LMS), Moodle, for the course work in the program. However, participants must understand that there is an expectation that they have acquired at least basic computer skills prior to starting this program.
Students should at least have:
- An ability to create, send and receive emails with or without attachments
- An ability to use a document scanner to scan documents for sharing or submission
- An ability to create, send and receive documents in a variety of standard formats like Word, pdf, html, etc.
- An ability to access and review a variety of PDFs
- An ability to review online resources such as internet websites, online articles and journals
- Students using or needing assistive technology devices should be sure they acquire the latest updates and software prior to the beginning of the program.